Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Rap of Love...

I'm dating this breathtakingly stunning girl named Erica.  We met four years ago at BYU-Idaho but were never anything more than friends.  


Erica is from Richmond and when I was offered a job here, she hooked me up with roommates and helped prepare me for Virginia.


Nine months after I moved here, my amazing girlfriend finished school and moved back home...but she needed an internship to graduate.  My station was looking for interns.  She applied and got the position.




For twelve weeks she worked with me almost every day.  We covered the state fair together...and even dressed the part!


She started to have a crush on me.  I wasn't sure if I was interested.  After going back-and-forth, I made the dumbest decision of my life and chose not to pursue this beautiful girl.


Fast forward four months.  I was jolted awake and professed my undying love for Erica.  Knowing my track record, she was very cautious and said I needed to prove myself.


So I wrote a rap.
About her.  
The most incredible creature on planet Earth.


I did this with the help of my good friend Matt. 




He's a musical genius.  A few years ago he and Will wrote a rap about me as a Christmas present.


With his talent and my words, we came up with this catchy tune in a matter of hours.


Oh, before you listen, here's one thing you should know: O-M-B stands for "Old Man Bladder."  Erica calls me this as I have to use the bathroom every 2.5 minutes.












10 comments:

  1. Dad and I just listened to your song--WOW!! It's great and will be perfect for a wedding program (if you know what I mean.) All those music lessons paid off, Nate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHHAHAH I can die happy now. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...Nate you are ridiculous...although this is part of your charm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great song--you guys make a good team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frightening that the whole world now can hear this haha... and get real. You know you had a crush on me before I had a crush on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nate, where is your record deal?! Haha! That was great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erica is right! Nate... hate to break it to you but you were the first to be hit by the love bug. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this nate! hope we get to meet your sassy, classy, VA lover someday.

    ReplyDelete