Wednesday, June 15, 2011

We Have Some News About News...

After months of negotiating, thinking, praying, analyzing, searching, and re-negotiating, I am officially re-signing a contract with WRIC TV8 today...meaning Erica and I will be living in Richmond for the next little while!


Stations in other parts of the country have contacted me and we've been close to accepting other offers...but they've either been in places we don't want to live or the terms haven't been great.


We're excited to stay in Richmond for now!  I'll be getting some new and different work opportunities and Erica and I will do a lot of things...like travel, have holidays and weekends off, save money, and go to Australia!


So start planning your trip to Richmond today!  We're only two hours from Washington DC, two hours from the beach, two hours from the mountains, and there's lots to see and do!
We celebrated our decision by apartment hunting yesterday (not fun) and then going to Josh Groban in concert (fun!).  I think TV8 giving us good tickets was the determining factor for Erica that we should stay!


Here's a bad quality video clip I took with my phone of Groban singing his most famous song. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Exciting! Hopefully you can find an apartment you like--with a guest room so we can visit. We are thinking about going to DC in the fall, so we'd want to see you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you guys will be staying but sorry you didn't get a fabulous offer in a better market. I look forward to seeing more of Nate on 8.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're happy we have an excuse to visit you in Richmond again. We LOVE to come to Virginia. Be sure to get an apt. with 2 bedrooms, so we can come stay with you. Your station is lucky to have you, Nate.

    ReplyDelete