Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Daisy Award

The other day I got a message from my cousin Amy.  It said:

"Congratulations. I just gave you the 'Daisy Award.'"

Huh?  The Daisy Award?  She told me to visit her blog to find out what she meant.

I did...and found that I need to share seven unusual or weird things about myself.  

The "rules" say I need to link this back to the giver (Amy) and pass it on to three other bloggers.

I usually don't participate in forwards or surveys...but because it's Amy, here I go.

1.  I take two showers a day.  I've done this ever since high school.  It was vital on my mission in humid Australia...and it's neccessary now in humid Virginia. 


2.  I am a clean freak.  I hate clutter, my desk is organized, I like to do the dishes, and I don't mind cleaning the bathroom or vacuuming.  

My desk
  
3.  I don't like cake...which is a little weird because I have a huge sweet tooth.  I would rather eat french fries, a donut, a piece of pie, or a candy bar than have a piece of cake.  There is one expection: Ukrop's yellow cake with chocolate icing. 



4.  When I was young, I begged my parents for a dog.  For years I asked for a dog.  I also asked them to go camping.  Now I can't stand dogs and hate camping.

5.  My favorite TV show of all time is "I Love Lucy."  As a kid, I watched it every summer afternoon at 1.00 on channel 13.


6.  When I was a sophomore at BYU-Idaho, I studied 70 of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's talks and wrote a one page paper on each.  It changed my life.  Years later, I met him and told him about the project.  He said, "Oh, you poor soul.  You deserve a week at the beach after that torture."


7.  I wish I could go bare foot or wear flip flops everywhere.  I hate wearing shoes.  One day, when I was about 13, I went on a long run without with my cousin Amy...and didn't have any shoes on.  My feet were black!  In Australia, I was barefoot or wore flip flops every single day.  It was awesome.  I also think shorts and T-shirts should be acceptable business attire.

So....now that you know seven random things about me, I pass "The Daisy Award" to....  

Chelsea - my crafty, fun sister-in-law.
Elaina - our Jamba Juice, "Let's Make a Deal" friend.
Allison - my New York, kick-ball-playin' cousin.  


Congratulations!

5 comments:

  1. I learned some things about you - how fun. The bare feet...oh, it still makes me laugh! You're a daisy if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have shared some of your nocturnal adventures--sleep walking, sleep talking, sleep m&m eating, sleep singing. You're as much fun asleep as you are awake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same favorite kind of cake! We're like best cake friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really like cake either and I don't have a sweet tooth. However that Ukrops cake is the BOMB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) I liked your post on adversity - it was exactly what I needed to read today - but when I went to comment it was gone...I don't know why - but I'm glad I was still able to see it.

    2) I love Holland - and that totally sounds like something he would say!

    ReplyDelete