Monday, April 11, 2011

30 Years Old

On Thursday I turn 30!  To be honest, I've been so busy thinking about, planning, preparing, and getting ready for our wedding that my birthday rarely crosses my mind.

Last year I held a big party in my backyard to celebrate my 29th year.  Some friends and I created a "party planning committee" and invited almost everyone we knew. 

70 people came.  We had a BBQ, tiki torches, name tags, a pinata, games, a pool full of drinks...even door prizes.

              


Erica and I weren't dating at the time...but she was there!


I decided I wanted to accomplish a lot during my 29th year...so I made a list called "29 Things to Do in my 29th Year."


It contained a lot of random items - some hard, some easy, some things I haven't done in years, some things I've always wanted to try.


Now, a year later, I'm sorry to say I didn't get everything on the list done.  But I accomplished quite a few...like:


-Run a marathon.
-Go on a road trip.
-Attend the temple 12 times.
-Win a journalism award.
-Go dancing.


Some of the things I didn't get done:


-Read 29 books (I'm up to 24...don't think I can read 5 by Thursday!)
-Go camping.
-Watch a Richmond sunrise and sunset (although there's still time!)
-Play every hymn in the LDS hymn book.


One item I didn't have on the list but makes up for everything I didn't accomplish:


-Find the girl I'm going to marry and get engaged!


So I turn 30 Thursday.  I'm excited!  I don't have time to have a big celebration and haven't decided if I'll make a list of "30 Things to Do in my 30th year."  


If I do, I know one item I can check off:


-Get Married!


Any other suggestions???

5 comments:

  1. How about find a fantastic new job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a great idea! I will probably steal it from you (cause that's what I do when I read about a good idea).

    I think getting engaged makes up for a lot of the list, you're doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Jessica will most likely steal your idea. Don't worry she will give you create for it.

    I think those are some pretty awesome accomplishments especially the engagement. Give yourself some easy things like laugh so hard you pee your pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gretel, with his Old Man Bladder, I think that one will be far too easy. HAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I hope you had a great birthday. Getting married is the best thing ever, so you don't need to get anything else done.

    ReplyDelete